I know! That really should have been in the confessional section of this blog because it is a bit embarrassing to have gone this long without one. However, I held out because I didn’t want ‘Big Brother – Tech Division’, to have loads of information on me that I did not explicitly agree to share. Some say I am a bit paranoid about this (SEE – people are talking about me!!). I tried the latest ‘non-smart’ phone and it was ridiculous. Anywho…(as the ‘older folk’ sometime say), I LOVE my smart phone, so much more than I thought I would, and my girls are working to convince me that it is OK to get some ‘apps’ to go with it. I did do some research and found this site (scroll down to find the list) listing top ten apps for those of us who did not grow up with these new fangled electronic devices, and thought they were certainly worth passing along. The list includes the following.
- Pandora: Always good to be in charge of listening options.
- Goodreads: ‘The Creative Age: Awakening Human Potential in the Second Half of Life’ by Dr. Gene D. Cohen looks like an interesting option. I am always open to suggestions on reading material.
- Medisafe Medication Manager & Pill Reminder: Fortunately, I don’t have any regular meds but could see this as a great tool for keeping tracking if needed.
- Skype: Really enjoy Face Time but Skype does allow me to ‘see more’.
- HeartWise Blood Pressure Tracker : Sounds like a good tool for those dealing with this health concern.
- Silver Surf: An app to make things bigger and more visually accessible!
- Lumosity Mobile: GAMES!! for the brain.
- TED Talks The ‘Older People are Happier’ talk by Laura Carstensen, Director of the Stanford Center on Longevity looks like a great topic.
- Mint Personal Finance: Personal Finance tools are always welcome.
- Eye Reader: Yes please!
I think the Eye Reader is going to come in VERY handy since I am still working on that voice recognition! I am also looking forward to viewing the ‘Older People are Happier’ talk.
Anyone have an app they just can’t live without?