1. Easy does it. We can make great strides over time changing our eating habits by giving up one small thing at a time. Thanks to community member Kim Henson for giving us a good place to start! (Oh sure, it’s not as good at first, but after a while you don’t miss it!)
2. Egg in a mug. For a no-mess, protein-filled breakfast that takes less than 5 minutes from prep to eating, try this easy recipe: Coat 12-oz microwavable mug with cooking spray. Add 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of milk and beat until blended. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds.; stir. Microwave until eggs are almost set (another 30-45 second). Top with a tablespoon of shredded cheddar and salt and pepper to taste. I added a smattering of green onions for color and crunch.
3. A wonderful idea for a very special gift. Diana Rogers Jaeger’s blog post What Do You Get Your Best Friend When Her Mother Dies?/Condolence Gift is a very poignant read.
4. New product for sweet potato lovers. Sweet potatoes and brown rice in a cracker? I haven’t seen it in the store, but it jumped off a magazine page at me. If anybody has tried it, let us know what you think!
5. It’s not too soon to get ready for spring.