Several weeks ago I talked about reinstating the Women’s Weight Loss Challenge at Work to help get, and keep, me motivated to lose this weight once and for all. I tried to get Weight Watchers to hold meetings at work for our campus but, I was only able to get 4 people (including myself) to sign up. Sooooooo I bit the bullet and started the Challenge. We had 23 women sign up which at $20 a piece started our ‘pot’ out quite nicely. We lost 42 lbs the first week and received these comments/tips from the group.
My biggest advice is dedication! My tips are as follows:
- Cut out snacking unless it’s a healthy snack
- Eat three meals a day
- Drink plenty of water (at least 48 ounces)
- Follow a workout routine (I did two days at the gym which included 20 minutes of cardio and one day of yoga)
- Quality not quantity on desserts (had none this week)
- If you go out to eat order a healthy meal including your sides. Stay away from bread unless it is wheat or multigrain.
- Eat more fruit and vegetables
- Eat breakfast at home
- Cut back on potatoes
- Cut back on alcohol (had two glasses of red wine on Friday, that was my one treat!)
Followed by this re-statement of the tips above.
- If it looks good – don’t eat it
- If it smells good – don’t eat it
- If it tastes good – don’t eat it
- If it’s something that makes you feel good – don’t eat it, drink it
- Don’t walk….RUN away from everything that brings you eating/drinking pleasure (running burns calories)
And possibly my favorite –
If I give up potatoes and bread, what will I put my butter on?
We’ve had fun with some ‘contestants’ leaving snacks for our Biggest Losers (all in fun) and truly supporting those of us that really need it! I’m excited to have the group support and competition! We are fiercely determined to be successful :). Hopefully each of you has a support group (in this case 1 or 2 constitute a group) that you can depend on for some fierce support in all your goals.