At our age we generally don’t want to hear that we’re getting dotty. However, we’re willing to make an exception for polka dots. They make us smile. And a smile is exercise. For your face, your mind, and for your spirit. But be careful – not all dots are created equal. Here’s 10 ways we like them, 4 ways we don’t, and THE reason we wear them!
Here’s some good dots:
1. The polka dot dress. It says: “Spring is here and summer’s on its way!” Can’t you just hear it swish??
2. Utensils. Have you ever before seen such happy spoons? They look like they go with ice cream – even vegetable ice cream might be fun to eat with these!
3. The umbrella. It looks like sunshine blocking out the rain!
4. Boots. And speaking of rain . . . these make me look forward to it!
5. Shoes. But even if it’s not raining, we’ve got your feet covered no matter what the occasion!
6. Rubber ducks. Make a great gift. I don’t have any kids, but it just so happens my pool will be three years old next month – perfect!
8. The watch. A reminder of how dots can lead to having some good times!
9. The wall. While four walls might be a bit much, wouldn’t having one wall like this in a room make you smile?
10. Not for sale. And for our new grandmothers, can I get an “awwwwwww”??
But remember, just because it’s polka dots, doesn’t mean it works. Here’s 4 to pass on. (As in saying “Pass!” as opposed to actually passing on to someone.)
1. The clown look.
2. The picture is cute. The reality of wearing them in public if you’re no longer a teenager? Not so much.
3. Don’t wear this unless you’re twelve. And even then it’s probably not a good idea unless it’s Halloween.
4. It’s ugly. Just a personal opinion.