An important part of getting fierce is to keep growing and going as we get older. The only way to accomplish that is to do something different from our usual routine. Challenge yourself! Do something you’ve been wanting to do but maybe have been putting off because it requires making yourself vulnerable or dealing with an unknown. Up for today’s Friday Five are suggestions to get you started.
1. Introduce yourself to someone you’ve been wanting to meet.
2. Invite someone you only know casually over for dinner. My husband and I did this recently and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening with another couple that we’re looking forward to connecting with again. (And I’m not just saying that because they gifted us garden cut flowers and homemade – and delicious – mead!)
3. Ask someone who does something you would like to do for advice and encouragement about doing it.
4. Sign up for a class to learn a skill you always thought would be fun. Don’t worry about finding someone to do it with you – you’ll meet like-minded people in the class!
5. Volunteer locally. As we discussed earlier this week, a wonderful by-product to serving others is our own personal enrichment.
What will you do to get outside your comfort zone this weekend?