Friday Five is a random assortment of tips, thoughts or ideas. They may be connected, they may not. But they will be brief and leave you either informed, entertained, or with a smile on your face. On a good day we’ll hit all three!
1. New product to try. In spite of the fact I’m not a big hummus fan, Kashi Hummus Crisps caught my eye as I was looking for a small bag of chips. The crisps looked nice and crunchy in the picture. I picked the Hummus Crisp Sun-dried Tomato Basil and Feta option. They were as crunchy as the picture promised and very well seasoned. The serving size is 27 (thank you for not making me weigh it to find how many equal an ounce!) for 120 calories. I found 15 to be plenty with a sandwich – which left me feeling quite virtuous! With a fiber count of 4 grams, 4 grams of protein and 3.5 grams of fat for a full serving, I’d say it’s a winner. I’m looking forward to trying Hummus Crisp Sea Salt & Olive Oil. (Other Crisp flavors are Black Bean Chili Lime, Black Bean Southwest Barbecue and Caramelized Onion)
2. Fat Butts = Smart?? Sheri left a comment notifying us of the connection. I had to see if she was pulling our leg – so I googled “big bottoms go with intelligence.” Numerous articles popped up proclaiming it to be true based on an Oxford study. Here’s one from Elite Daily called A Big Butt is a Healthy Butt – Woman With Big Butts are Smarter.
3. It’s the last time that scale will tell a lie!
4. It’s all how you look at it. You can say: “I have to find 30 minutes in the day to fit in some exercise” or you can say: “After I exercise I’ll have 1410 minutes left in the day to do with as I please!”
5. Thanks for starting on this path to Fiercedom with us – let’s do this thing!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!