Friday Five is a random assortment of tips, thoughts or ideas. They may be connected, they may not. But they will be brief and leave you either informed, entertained, or with a smile on your face. On a good day we’ll hit all three!
1. Way to plan ahead. It’s easy to make good choices if they are already there when you open the refrigerator – whether at work or at home. Salad-in-a-jar is a great option. This picture came from the Be More Fitness Facebook page (thanks, Lou!) and there are many more examples on Pinterest. First you put whatever dressing you want in. Next put in any ingredient other than your salad greens. Just layer in another ingredient or two (or however many you want), add the greens and a tight fitting lid. They will last nicely for up to a week in the refrigerator as long as the dressing isn’t touching the greens.
2. This is not a legitimate substitute for exercise.
3. Trying to be helpful. That’s the name of a recent blog post by one of our community members, Dee Dee Chumley. She combined a few of her ideas with some from Weight Watchers and a favorite blogger to create a short list that she found helpful for controlling her kitchen space and her waist. Click here to check them out.
4. Ahhhh, the wisdom of children.
5. Happy Valentines Day! Here’s some good-for-you hearts.