Friday Five is a random assortment of tips, thoughts or ideas. They may be connected, they may not. But they will be brief and leave you either informed, entertained, or with a smile on your face. On a good day we’ll hit all three!
1. The Chia Seed Cookbook: Eat Well, Feel Great, Lose Weight. I was delighted to stumble across this in my “Bargain Books” catalog after reading last week’s article on all the ways to use chia seeds. The catalog summary states the book has almost 100 recipes (including Peanut Butter Chia Waffles, Chia Triple Fruit Crisp, and Chia Lemon Hummus), is well illustrated in color and has 224 pages.
2. Prone to an occasional mental fog? Don’t let people take advantage of you!
3. Single Servings of Quiche. When I read somewhere that quiche could be made in a muffin tin for single servings, I had to give it a try. Not only is it great for portion control, it makes for an easy-to-pack lunch! Tip: Spray the muffin tin – even a nonstick one – liberally with no-stick vegetable or butter spray.
4. Yippee for Zippy! Are you familiar with the term ‘normal dysfunctional family? Many of us probably thought we coined it! While memoirs are not my usual go-to reading, Luanne Castle’s concise review of “A Girl Named Zippy” put a smile on my face and had me adding a new book to my reading list. Click the book to read.
5. I’d love to meet the people that own this car! I received this photo from buddy Carolyn Thomspon who is winding up the trip her husband has always wanted to go on. She saw this car in an Australia national park in the Blue Mountains and snapped this great shot.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!